The History of Things

The History of Things
Archeology of the Heart

Friday, September 7, 2012

THE PERMANANCY OF LOVE

For months I've been designing a new tattoo, that my sons want to help pay for for my birthday. I just recently saw my son's girlfriend's latest of some Japanese artist sparrows and it gave me a great idea. I had planned on having a magpie tattooed on my chest where my breast used to be (see post Ink long time dried) but that's only a part of myself and kind of vain anyway. What I came up yesterday is in my mind, is not mine, but the Lord's. I want to incorporate those sparrows with some tiger lillies I also have pictures of and let them swirl over the skin with the 'wind' being shown/blown in the form of either Hebrew or Aramaic lettering of the part in the New Testament about how the lillies never toil nor spin and the sparrows do not fall, but are caught by God. I've been looking for a half an hour for the right text, but I have been so involved lately in the Sermon on the Mount, that I have forgotten where that part is and darn it, but that's embarrassing. I think this is a good ministry, because I have 16 tattoos and people always stop and ask me about them. This time, when I am asked, I can tell them the text in English and explain it and that's opening a door to talking about God and His glorious creation, the planet earth and how we should take care of it. We are the stewards of the planet. Just waiting til it's time to go home to Heaven, a place of course I can't explain or describe to anyone, but to be able to tell people about Christ's life, well, that is of interest to me. I remember dreaming of walking behind the Twelve and Y'shua in serial dreams when I was eleven and when the dreams stopped, I cried and cried.

The idea to have a "way in", I do not want to be one of those cracked people who get in people's faces and say, "Do you know the Lord?" Mainly because people turn and run in the opposite direction. But to interest them in a manner that is excessable today in today's language would give me the opportunity to open up the Living Word and share it with strangers as I have never had the courage before. I think I just need a "hook", a way in to speak to curious people. I know there are plenty of people who DO NOT want to hear about God in any shape or form and I have to let them go until maybe someone else can reach out, but I am sure there are some who are curious if they only knew how to listen to what is said. There must be someone I can interest in what makes me so content and so happy. Both sides make a difference.

And speaking of happy, the Western Flycatchers have found the water fountain. Before it was just one and the rufous-sided towhees, but now there are jays, flycatchers, and towhees. I am hoping for flickers like last year and robins. He was so miraculous in His creations; so in the giving of His son when we just wouldn't listen to His love, he was showing how deep and abiding His love is for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment