The History of Things

The History of Things
Archeology of the Heart

Friday, September 7, 2012

Long Time The Ink Has Dried

 It's been years it feels like since I've written in here. I had the foolish notion to contract breast cancer and go through a mastectomy and healing. I stole my own title here "Diary of a Magpie Woman" and I've been writing an almost daily journal about the experience in the hope of making a book to share with other people in the same situation.

I'm much better now, though I've lost all that three feet of gorgeous red hair with the old silverware in it and most all of my eyebrows. My legs and arms are as hairless as a ten year old girl. So, my hair went from three feet to, well, it's finally grown out to touch my shoulders.

I had the journal entries public for about a year, but a woman on the east coast suggest I take it down and clean it up and send it around for publication, so that's what I'm working on now. And yes, I still garden, but I neglected it so badly for most of a year, I am digging things up, changing the contour and looking at what it will turn into to. That's all for now, I'm tired already.

No comments:

Post a Comment