The History of Things

The History of Things
Archeology of the Heart

Monday, May 3, 2010

First Day of Summer

True to calendar, the first day of summer has finally brought us warmish windy weather. Everyone is happy but me. I wanted there to be some cool spring-ish days that would make me feel like a slightly ruffled petticoat in the wind. I wanted to lie on the church lawn and find animals in the clouds, moles poking their noses outta the earth so whipped by large hands and rose-shaped snouts, that it was loamy and ready to receive seed the way some earth and seed mingle together like a pat of butter in a bowl of hot cereal.

I've brought eight foot tall foxglove stalks into the house to put in three foot vases, six foot tiger lilies on stalks in as well. The caboose is over-whelmed with flowers as if it were a funeral, but it's beautiful. Now, I'm not Tinkerbelle, but neither am I the dancing hippos in the Fantasia, and I carefully got in bed holding my laptop with one hand, so I could relax after working all day and ker-rash! the bed Daniel just rebuilt collapsed underneath me! I thought it was me, but he hadn't screwed the slats down to the main bottom frame of the bed and some extracurricular wriggling had loosened the boards from the main place and they just slid off their place and down onto the floor. Happy Solstice!

No comments:

Post a Comment