The History of Things

The History of Things
Archeology of the Heart

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Nature of a Home in which the Govt is not the Boss, Just An Annoying Petty Bureaucrat

In our left side cork oak tree we have some new additions. I don't know how many, but our pair of Greys had babies in the last few days, and the ravens are trying to eat them. It's horrid. Well, this morning, the raven walked the length of the fence and toward the tree and one of the squirrels ran the fence line which is an inch wide and bonked! the raven in the chest with his/her head. It was the bravest thing I had seen in a long while. That raven was BIG! But he went a-tumblin’! I took a pie tin out to a fence post, nailed it in and filled it with fresh cut organic apples and organic sunflower seeds for the new family. I hope they like apple and I know they like sunflower seeds. I hope they are not too a-feared to 'come and get it!'. Today I am up and out of bed for the first time in awhile. I think it's the excitement of seeing the squirrels up and about. I was nervous when the storms were bad knowing the Mrs was due any day, but apparently the tree has a nice deep hole and they didn't have to build a stick and twig nest. I just hope I can stay feeling this good and get some chores done today. Ain't God wonderful to give that little squirrel some goliath courage about his/her family? There are some human fathers who could take some lessons from that little guy. Though it coulda been the mother doin’ the bonkin’, as my sons say. We stand up here in Mendonesia for our kids, even if they are gonna be 33 in a few days....

On another note, the columbines are in bloom. They are so pretty and gentle.
All this rain has given the flowers a life of their own. The sun is out. My disability check came and thanks to The Hun, it's now a mere $172. Can one live on this? My African greens have swelled and twined and grown all over the bed; I'm thinking of putting the newly sprouted greens in another bed and let Godzilla have its bed with the six puny chard which will also swell and bloom out crazy huge leaves in a matter of weeks.

I am thankful for what I have. A few weeks ago I met a woman with a six year old child who had no home. It was freezing cold weather. I wanted to put her up but a caboose has no extra space. I look back now and know I could have made them fit for a time if my studio had been cleaned up from my last show. I am lackadaisical about this and just plain worn out, which is another reason I find Bed another loving continent. I wish I had help with the up-keep so I could have women in when they need it and then they could help keep it up. But the floor was covered. I have to find a solution to this. I will not live under the banner, that “There is no room at the inn”. This last encounter has shamed me. Shame is a good garment to wear once in awhile. It’s kind of like a kick in the ass, yes?

































































































am feeling much better and plan to go tot he market (we've one of the best organic shops in the area) and buy some walnuts already shelled.Just as a little birthday present. (my disability check comes today and being a vegetarian, I eat a lot of nuts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment